This page contains information about the application procedure such as what to include in the application and how to write a project description.
What to include in the application
The application must include the following and be written in English or Danish:
- Application form
- Copy of diplomas/transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Project description (max. 10 pages)
- List of written work (optional)
- Sample of written work, e.g. Master's thesis (optional)
- A certified copy of IELTS or TOEFL test result (please see admission requirements for details on language requirements)
The project description
Together with the diploma/transcripts and CV, the project description forms the most important basis of assessment of the application. It describes the research project that constitutes the core of the PhD education. The project description must not exceed ten pages and should include the following:
- Project title
- The aims of the project
- Issues and hypotheses that will be examined
- The position of the project in the research field of the research programme
- A description of state-of-the-art research within the research field of the project
- An explanation of theories to be included
- An exposition of methods to be used
- An indication of the projects potential contribution to scientific development
- A work plan which describes the main phases of the project
- Information about additional financial resources you may need in connection with your research study
Applications will be checked to ensure that all formalities are complied with. The applicants are then assessed by a committee composed of 2-3 three members. On the basis of the committee's assessment, the dean, together with the director of the doctoral school and the head of the doctoral programme, decides if the applicant should be offered enrollment and employment as a PhD student.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for an advertised position, please apply online by using the link in the job advert.
Unsolicited applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to prepare application
Potential applicants for advertised fellowships are advised to get in touch with the contact person named in the advertisement well in advance of the application deadline, in order to obtain more detailed information and advice on how to prepare the application.