On this page, you can find information on the admission requirements that must be met to be admitted to the Doctoral School of the Humanities.
Applicants to the Danish PhD programmes must hold a relevant Master’s degree of 120 ECTS or equivalent. Please note that the Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalisation assists international applicants with assessments of non-Danish degrees, diplomas and certificates and information about international recognition of qualifications.
Furthermore, the Doctoral School of the Humanities bases admission on the following criteria:
- The project proposal must fall within the scope of one of the doctoral programmes of the doctoral school.
- The applicant is considered to possess the necessary academic qualifications to be able to complete the PhD programme within the estimated time schedule.
- The research topic, cogency, clarity, and feasibility of the project description.
- Completed projects, published works etc., which may have been prepared in connection with or following the applicant’s master’s programme, may also be included in the assessment process.
- The applicant is considered to possess the necessary language qualifications to be able to complete the PhD programme within the estimated time schedule. The entry requirements for applicants from outside of Scandinavia and countries where English is not the official language are as follows:
IELTS (band score): 7
TOEFL (paper-based): 600
TOEFL (internet-based): 100
The language test result must be less than two years old.